Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer


Eighth Grade Bites
The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #1
By Heather Brewer

Vladimir Tod never thought school could get worse. The Principal hates him, bullies won’t leave him alone and his crush has a crush on his best friend. Not to mention, he has a killer secret, literally. His mother is human, but his father was a vampire. Although he has no idea what power he may have, the craving for blood can get a little difficult to deal with. In another turn for the worse, his substitute teacher (an expert in mythology) is asking him a few too many questions. He even had the nerve to assign Vlad an essay on Vampires. One thing about junior high sucks more than anything: the vampire killer that’s out for his fangs.

I really enjoyed this book! Vampires really aren’t my thing, I’ve read several with vamps as the main characters and none of them have ever been really good. However, Heather pulled it off very nicely. I like the classic vampire (…don’t hand me any of that sparkly junk.) Yet, she avoids clichés. I have nothing negative to say. It was fantastic. I’m looking forward to the rest of the series! (I haven’t been able to say that lately!) Can’t wait, Vlad’s adventures have a lot of promise. I recommend this book.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book yet, but I'm happy to see that this isn't the cliche vamp book. I'm not one for sparkling guys either. Happy to see you liked it! I'll have to keep my eyes out for this one the next time I'm out.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    P.S. Come check out my blog's first giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really interested in reading this. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I have heard mixed things about this book but I think I'll definitely check it out (literally) now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...