Monday, February 27, 2012

**Review** Meeting Destiny by Nancy Straight

Published June 26th 2010
by Nancy Straight

Blurb from Goodreads:

Lauren is visited in her dreams for years by a stranger claiming to be her destiny. Destiny becomes reality when paths cross during a failed robbery attempt. Lauren and the stranger experience chemistry like no other and now her doubt over her long time relationship with her high school sweetheart is not her only secret…someone else knows about her keen intuition and sixth sense.A mysterious clairvoyant seeks Lauren out and tells her not only of her life now but what the future may hold. Soon Lauren is in the middle of a murder investigation and a questionable friendship with the key suspect. Law enforcement, friends and family are concerned for Lauren but unfortunately they are unaware of the true danger…Sinister forces are at work and will stop at nothing to destroy Lauren’s abilities.

Find | Buy Meeting Destiny 

A bit about Nancy...
Nancy was born in Sioux City Iowa, left the cold of the Midwest in 1991 and only returns to see family in the summer time. She spent ten years traveling the world as a US Marine and settled in rural SC with her husband and two children.


She enjoyes reading all types of Paranormal and Young Adult literature.


Find Nancy on the Web: 



Review:

Absolutely LOVED this book! You are brought into Lauren's life with a bang... within 3 pages I was hooked. The story is fast paced and very interesting. There is of course Destiny...but there is mystery, major relationship changes, and such swoon worthy moments! You will keep on the edge of your seat.

Lauren...Very well developed character that deals with what she is going through as well as she can. She is amazing! She cares deeply about her family and her friends. Once she gets a look at Max...everything starts changing. I could not get enough of the interaction with these two!! 
Max... yeah he is just incredible! Paramedic *win* Sexy *win* Protective, caring, smart and fun *Swoon* I was taken with him from the start and you will be too!

Seth... Great guy, not just a random thrown in there best friend/boyfriend kinda guy. He has depth and is well written into the story. He's romantic and funny and oh how is "line" for Lauren made me *awww* every time he said it.

The whole story is just amazing. It's not just thrown at you that hey this is destiny deal with it! It goes much deeper than that and is explained throughout the book not all at once. Makes you keep turning those pages! Also when I finished this book the ending made me look like this...

10 comments:

  1. Loved your Supernatural gift. I <3 Sam and Dean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best GIF ever!! Anyways, awesome review chick! I just won these books (signed) from Gothic Angel Reviews! I am so excited to get them. I hope I can get to them before too long because they sound really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.M.G I so want copies.. like REAL book copies ahhhh!!!

      Delete
    2. Amy - WOW - It's great to meet you!! You are the first ever winner of the Destiny Series Trilogy - I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. This book sounds really, really good. I added it to Goodreads, the cover is simply beautiful. That GIF is so damn funny!
    Janiera @This is From my Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judging by your GIFs I'm assuming you enjoyed this. I haven't heard of it, I'll add it to my Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather - I have to say this is one of my all time favorite reviews! Especially the GIF of the ending! Laughed so hard I had to show both of my sons! Thank you so very much for reading Meeting Destiny and for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this cover.. maybe it's all the pretty frilly shit in her hair. I should do my hair like that for an IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review of a great book! The next two books are even better! (Hard to believe, but it's true! Trust me.) This series is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly liked Meeting Destiny and I'm still looking forward to read the next books in the series. A rating of 3 out of 5 doesn't mean a "negative" review for me. It was actually ok. In Goodreads, it means "I liked it", and in Amazon it means "It's OK." Here in my blog, I mean it as "A Good Read". The only thing that I've forgotten to mentioned (which probably caused the confusion) is the reason why 3? I've been too busy babbling on the good stuffs that I forgot to mention what I didn't like. Well, honestly, there's nothing hated about the book. It's just that the relationship of Max and Lauren didn't do it for me that much... I'm still waiting for something deeper... something strong that will make my heart tingles, and my body tense when I read about them. Something that is more than what they have in the book. Nevertheless, this book is good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...