Thursday, March 15, 2012

Devour by Shelly Crane *Review*

ebook
Published October 31st 2011 (first published October 28th 2011

Clara has it all. A wrestling star boyfriend, popular friends, all the right school activities...pretty much a perfect life...up until her parents died. Now she lives with the Pastor and his family and though they take good care of her, she feels alone. Then her boyfriend, Tate, starts to show signs of trouble when a new guy, Eli, comes to town. Clara is fascinated with him but hides it until something happens. Eli confesses to her that she gives him something he's never had before...something he needs. Everything is about to change for this normal pretty popular girl in a supernatural way.

First off, I won this book from Mandy @ Twimom 101 Book Blog So big huge Thank you!!

If you don't know by now... I love everything about Shelly Crane's Books!  With that being said ...  This is what I look like when I get one of her books!! 

Review:

When I got this book I did not read the blurb *again you should know I do this often* Love to just see how the story plays out. So, I was fascinated by this story. We start with Clara who seems to have a Great life with an all american boyfriend, spirit squad and best friends. Well, it's not as great as it looks.


Clara... What an amazing character she is. She is stuck in this place in her life until she meets Eli and then things start changing for the better. You can see amazing growth from her, she was already a well rounded character but she gets even better. Her journey throughout is gripping and I cannot explain it all as I don't want to give anything away :) 

Eli... Oh here is another Awesome guy from the one and only #QueenOfSwoon! His story is just engrossing and he is an absolutely fascinating character! He's lived his whole life one way and then BAM! it's all flipped upside down for Clara. Such a great fit the two of them are! *found cool guy here on the net*

The "friends" hmmm I just really didn't like them and wanted to choke most of them... which means they were just well written too. I really did enjoy Patrick!! Can I just say I need more like right now!!  Again... If you haven't read this.. put it on your list your gonna want to GET IT NOW!


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your review, especially about the characters. The book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...